Hey guys I thought I’d share some facts about me so you can get to know me a bit better 😄…
1. I never used to like tea (unless it was a dipping sauce for biscuits!) but now I like a good cuppa!
2. Still drink related…not all the facts will be don’t worry haha…I don’t like coffee or fizzy drinks! No coke, no fizzy alcohol…none of it ✋🏻 I find it disgusting!
3. If I could have a superpower…it would be to fluently speak and sign every language in the world – how amazing would it be? You could talk to and understand everyone…and you’d finally know what the nail technicians say about you when your sitting in the salon haha!
4. The personal achievement I’m most proud of (after the births of my beautiful children) is passing my driving test! I adore driving and the freedom it gives you.
5. I once stood behind Rod Stewart on a Harrods escalator…I was that close that I could’ve pinched his bum…I didn’t…but I could’ve 😂
6. I used to work at Wimbledon tennis club…at the time of the championships it was mayhem and I never fully appreciated it – but now I don’t work there I miss it on those magical two weeks of the year 🍓🎾
7. I don’t have a middle name!
8. I love writing, drawing, painting…anything creative really – although I don’t get much time to dedicate to it all right now! I can’t wait for the day that Lulu has to build a big paper mache monstrosity for ‘her’ homework – I’m all over that! 🙈😂
9. I’m on a three month countdown to the big 3-0 😱
10. My biggest goal is that I really want to become a published author and/or have something I’ve written performed on stage or screen!
Tell me some things about you in the comments!
I’ve always envied those people who have known from a young age what they have wanted to do and pursued the right channels in education and life to get there. I never knew what I wanted to do, I think half the problem stems from having too much choice. To name a few I’ve wanted to be, an actress, an artist, a psychologist, a spaceman (until I watched that awful George clooney film where they spun so much it made me feel sick) a mermaid (that ones a long shot…but hey you’ve gotta have dreams) and everything in between.
I had acting lessons when I was younger, for one term. I really enjoyed them but at the time I don’t think my mum could afford them and also told me that she didn’t think acting was a real career option for me…maybe she was right but they’ll always be an empty space on my shelf where that Oscar should’ve been 😉
One thing I’ve always loved is writing but I guess I never thought of it as a career option until a few years ago. I would love to be a published author one day. To see my words printed in an actual book…that one day may be turned into a play or a film that I (I mean real actors) could perform in. But again I get the doubts, will it be good enough? What if no one likes it? What’s the point you’ll never get published anyway?! So I don’t get any further than a few scrambled and rambling pages in a notebook. If you are a published author I take my metaphorical hat off to you…it’s hard work, but I imagine is so, so worth it!
So basically what I’m trying to say in a round about way is, if you don’t know what career path you want to pursue yet – don’t worry we all get there in the end, it just takes some longer than others to realise their dreams…and even if your mum says you can’t do that…you can! Unless it’s like a serial killer or something…you definitely shouldn’t pursue that haha! So JK Rowling…watch out 😉 X